Letter of Introduction

 From: Ethan Ching Yudun (Zhuang Yudun)

To: Professor Brad

 

Date: 4th September 2022

Subject: Letter of Introduction to the RSE programme

 

Dear Professor Brad,

I am Ethan from the Singapore Institute of Technology and I am writing this letter of introduction to let you know about my interest in the robotics systems programme and how I would like to improve my communication skills.

To start, I would like to let you know that I came from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma background in computer engineering which I believe is related to the robotics systems programme. Also, I have experience using technologies which are relevant to the up-and-coming robotics industry such as machine learning and artificial intelligence. As more things are getting automated and becoming more intelligent, I become interested in robotics because I believe it allows me to hone my skills in software engineering. It also allows me to further understand how software systems affect the hardware and its applications in different fields.

I firmly believe that no matter what we do, communication is an important skill to have to work well with others in the workplace as communication is the foundation that makes a good team.

I believe that my strength lies in being able to comfortably communicate with others whom I have met for a while and be able to have a relatable conversation. However, I lack confidence in communicating with others because I believe I am not very professional and have much room for improvement. Some examples of areas to improve on would be my sentence structure and articulation when speaking to others.

Therefore, through this module, my end goal would be to have the confidence to speak with good sentence structure and articulate well when talking to others despite it being a professional or casual social setting.

Thank you for reading to the end of this letter!

 

Best Regards,

 

Ethan

Bachelor of Engineering in Robotics Systems


                                                                                                                            updated 9th October 2022


Comments

  1. I've read through the self introduction letter and found it clear and concise. I am able to understand why you've picked robotics systems at SIT, your communication strengths and weaknesses, and what you wish to achieve at the end of this module.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clear and structured introduction letter. Each paragraph states your strength, weaknesses and goals for the module. Would be better if you are able to provide your real life experiences, for example internship or a project you had worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This letter is quite clear and detailed. I could not find any grammatical errors in this. I look forward to seeing you in our classes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ethan,

    Thank you for the clear and concise letter. It does address the areas of the brief given for the letter, though your opening sentence gives the impression that it's only about your 'interest in the robotics systems programme.'

    In the second paragraph you mention that you have 'experience using technologies which are relevant to the up-and-coming robotics industry,' but you don't explain that. It might have been good to mention at least one.

    You also mention that you lack confidence. It's been good for me in class to watch you emerge from your shell, with a certain shyness apparent. I commend you for being willing to take that leap.

    I look forward to working with you further this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you prof for your insightful comments

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Reader Response Draft 4

Summary Reader Response Final Draft